I am all about being open and honest on the internet, I think a lot of people feel down when they see everyone’s perfect life on the internet. But I am fairly sure all of these people do not have perfect lives. So I like to share my ups and downs and be brutally honest about what’s going on.
I haven’t been feeling great the last couple of weeks. I do not feel like doing anything for myself and spend most of my days sitting on the couch feeling kinda meh. I have recently started cleaning my house more often, which is something that hasn’t been on my priority list for almost a year. So there are lots of tasks that need to be done. Which does help me feel more productive, I love cleaning my house. But I have ignored all the things that normally make me happy. Haven’t written in my journal since the middle of March, haven’t painted anything in about two months, I hate sitting in my craft room and washi tape makes me annoyed instead of happy.
I think it is because of finishing my time in the rehabilitation centre, last time I did that I had a physical meltdown and I think it’s a mental one this time. I wouldn’t actually call it a mental meltdown because that sounds too dramatic, but I do feel a little down and drained. I just do not enjoy things, not even things that normally excite me.
On one hand, I feel like you should just accept feeling like that. I think that if you ignore it and put it away it just grows on the inside until it bursts. But on the other hand, I feel like at a certain point you need to flip a switch and try to enjoy things again.
This weekend I have no plans whatsoever and I just want to do things that make me happy. I am going to a garden centre to buy a pot for a plant I got yesterday, I just love walking around in garden centres and I recently found a new one I haven’t visited yet. I want to try and spend a couple of hours in my craft room and just spend some time with all my things, trying to create something. If it doesn’t work out, that is fine as well, I will just go do something else. It is all about fun this weekend!
- Looking after my plants; it is so relaxing to water them, re-pot plants that have grown out of their old pots, clean their leaves etc.
- Journaling is normally something that calms my mind, makes me feel happy and creative. I feel a bit stressed about not having journaled for so long and having to catch up. So I decided to just start writing today and forget the weeks I have missed. If I feel like writing about it one day I can do it when I feel like it.
- Reading a book.
- Going through my planner pages and working on my planner is something I really enjoy. I am in a planner rut at the moment, which I normally fix by changing my inserts/setup. But this year I am planning in a Hobonichi Techo so I can’t change inserts. So I shall have to figure something out!
- Taking the dogs for a nice long walk, I walk them a couple of times every day but it’s nice to go to a different spot and enjoy the weather and see them play.
- Making a nice meal and eating it at a nicely set table with Jasper.